How to deal with assholes in the poly community
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
1:00 Poly-ish movie reviews
7:00 Topic: Someone in the poly community makes me uncomfortable. What do I do?
Your choices are these:
- If you have experienced abuse, report the person to a safety report, if your community has them. Alternatively, propose safety reports.
- Leave the community entirely.
- Choose to attend events where the person is less likely to show up.
- Attend whichever events you like and cope with your unease.
- Start your own poly event.
- Limit your poly to private events with people you do trust—call three poly friends to go to a movie, for example.
14:30 Feedback on episode 475 on hierarchies
- AggieSex of the Solo Poly blog writes and calls in to comment on hierarchies and “sneakyarchies” Her poll on how solo polys feel about hierarchies is here.
- Vir questions whether a descriptive rather than prescriptive label is OK
20:45 Happy Poly Moment
- Orlando shares a polycule HPM
- Sara from Sweden celebrates her first year of successful poly
24:00 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!