How to deal with gossip and rumors after you come out as poly
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
1:00 Announcements and host chat
- Remedy the movie is now available to stream at http://www.remedyfilm.com/
- We’re teaching How to Write Your Own User Manual Tuesday, August 23 at Seattle’s Center for Sex Positive Culture! Get tickets here.
4:15 Poly in the News
The poly professionals list has been updated! Huzzah! And also a great link to What Psychology Professionals Need to Know About Polyamory.
6:15 Topic: Dealing with the rumor mill after coming out as poly
IslandGirl calls in to ask how to deal with the rumor mill surrounding she and her wife coming out as poly—it was worse than when she came out as queer! What to do?
14:15 Feedback on episode 447 Poly People of Color
- A listener calls in to ask for more episodes on poly people of color
- S wrote in about the April 2016 issue of the Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy to let us know it discusses the prevalence of Consensual Non-Monogamy (CNM) in two national samples of single Americans in which 21% of single adults in both studies have previously had a CNM relationship and ultimately concluding “The present results illuminate that almost one quarter of American adults engage in departures from monogamy at some point during their lives — and that engagement in these relationships is not unique to stereotypically privileged castes of U.S. society.”
- Jen also wrote in with a story about when her economic privilege was called out.
26:10 Happy Poly Moment
- Kristin writes about gaining self-awareness and self-confidence and improving her self-esteem through the poly process
- Cate shares a lovely happy poly moment of getting a perfect card from her metamour during her goth wedding renewal with her husband
41:00 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email email@example.com!