Is it OK to shift one’s time commitments when one’s priorities shift?
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
1:00 Announcements and host chat
1:30 Poly in the News
- The debate over promoting polyamory a sexual orientation
- The posting on the PW Facebook page with comments
8:45 Topic: Shifting time commitments as priorities change
A listener calls in to ask a question: since it turns out her partner isn’t available to be a live-in partner and she wants a live-in partner, is it OK/ethical to reduce the time she spends with him in order to make room for a potential live-in partner?
Things to consider:
- It’s OK to want what you want
- You get to decide what your priorities and boundaries are
- Address the issue with all involved if/when it becomes reality, not before (don’t borrow trouble)
- Ask for what you want and be prepared to hear yes, no or a counter offer
- AggieSez wrote in to share how she constructed and shares her user manual on EverNote
- A listener calls in to ask for more podcasts on intersexuality
26:45 Happy Poly Moment
- Anonymous wrote in for a happy metamour moment about being included and invited to participate in planning a party for a mutual partner
- A listener calls in to share a happy metamour breakfast moment. No, metamours are not that scary!
30:00 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!