What is the difference between a rule and a boundary?
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
1:30 Poly in the News
- Dear media: polyamory isn’t all about the sex… so stop with the white-duvet-clad-feet pix
- Coming out poly, stories and advice plus I came out as non-monogamous on the internet, and all I got was my self-respect back
8:50 Topic: Boundaries vs rules
- Candyfloss wrote in to ask what exactly was the difference between boundaries and rules—and is it OK to make a “no sex in my bed” rule?
- Rules are behavioral restrictions placed on others. Boundaries are statements of the limits of your personal integrity. “You can’t have sex in my bed” is a rule. “I insist on informed consent” is a personal boundary that could be applied to a number of situations, including your bed.
- Also, do hierarchical poly configurations work?
“Our Better Half” is a podcast devoted to sex over 50.
25:50 Happy Poly Moment
E writes in to share a multigenerational, family-oriented happy poly moment.
27:30 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email email@example.com!