Is it worth it to end my marriage to try poly?
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit Scarleteen
1:30 Announcements and host chat
4:00 Poly in the News
6:45 Topic: Do I end my marriage to try polyamory?
I am in my early twenties and have just discovered polyamory. It has been really liberating to discover that people live happily in this way an that I am not alone. There is one problem however: I am married and entered into the marriage with the understanding that we were both monogamous. My husband is not receptive to any of this, and it seems we want really different things. He wants to be the only one I love and the only one that I go to for everything, but I just feel I want more than he can give.
I just want to be able to connect emotionally and physically with people as I see fit, and this is incompatible with the relationship. How can I decide if poly is important enough to leave my marriage over?
- Lean writes in to ask for more Relationship Anarchy content on the podcast
- Linda calls in about the Supreme Court marriage equality decision in 2015
- Audio from the mono part of a mono-poly relationship: folks in the community can be negative towards monogamists but otherwise, it’s a great community
23:00 Happy Poly Moment
- A listener calls in to recount how she owned her shit during an episode of jealousy
- A Mardi Gras Happy Poly Moment
28:00 Wrap up
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. And hey, why not attach an audio comment to that email? Check out PolyWeekly at Blubrry.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review!
Want to book us to speak or teach? Email email@example.com!